Friday, May 4, 2012

My Version of Sham’s “TableCloth” Skirt

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I wasn’t sure that I’d ever make one of Shams’ Wonderful Tablecloth skirts but now I’m not sure how I’d have made it through the summer without one! I’m sure you are all familiar with the wonderful, whimsical, Shams and her free Tablecloth tutorial.

This fabric must have come from a FabricMart bundle because I’m sure I’d never have chosen a grey/pink/puke mustard on a white background fabric on my own volition! Seriously.

However…it’s been growing on me. I laid it out yesterday to make a Sewing Workshop Luna Top, (Luna in yellow), trying out layouts for the plaid, turning it this way and that way…

 

http://sewingworkshop.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Stella___Luna_To_4e95a91d73afb.jpg?ml=3&mlt=rt_mynxx_j15&tmpl=component

When all of a sudden, the fabric spoke and a vision of Sham’s TableCloth skirt came to mind. I love it when a fabric so clearly tells you how it wants to live.

I did have a wee glitch – I used French seams for all side seams which made the corners a bit skewed. No one but you and I would know the difference.

Final word: This skirt is fun! If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, you ought to consider it. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: