I did this the difficult way because I didn't realize Loes sold a tunic pattern, line drawing shown below.
I took Loes' Sweater set, shown here:
and tweaked a pattern using the shell as a base, altering it a bit overlaying the cardigan's proportions and sleeves, and voila. My own tunic pattern. Adding length and side slits, I ended up with this:
Here's a view of the back:
And now for the could have/should have/would haves:
1. I should have added a back seam
2. I should have added a back zipper
3. I should have added a bit more wearing ease across the hips.
4. The side slits are a wee too high.
Here's a sweater I made using Kwik Sew 3693, view A. I love this pattern because there isn't too much fabric, as it seems similar patterns use. I don't feel like I'm swimming in folds. I originally added 3 inches in length, but ended up cutting most of that out as it was too long for my frame. I also shorted the sleeves (a tad too much). I think I'll be making view B when I find a suitable fabric.
Meanwhile, here's my rendition, made in a chocolate, rather slinky knit with ribbing.
I made these things in December, but am just now getting around to photographing the outfit, which I wore today.
Next up: A wearable muslin of a purple knit cowl neck top for a pattern which I'm planning on using for my wee little SWAP. I'll save that for the next post.
Tonight I hope to finalize my wee little swap plans, fabrics with patterns and sewing order.