Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Haven’t Yet Shown You These Series: White Jacket with Buttons Plus Black Suit and Top

Things I’ve made but not shared. Some of the photos are poor quality – not sure why as I set the camera on a tripod on the sewing table and set the timer. Anyway, I don’t have the energy or gumption to redo the photo shoot but hope you enjoy seeing some of the things I’ve made.

 

First up: The White Jacket I made last winter with buttons added since my “adjustment” this summer. After looking at the photos, I can see that I ought to wear this with button opened.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Black Suit made March 2011. The skirt is Pamela Patterns Magic Pencil Skirt. The jacket is Butterick 5400. I beheaded myself due to a very odd expression on my face…waiting for camera timers is not easy – I end up talking to myself before the FLASH! catches me by surprise. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Black one seam waist

Black One seam on table

Below you can see seaming detail I added because the suit was too large.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Below are the cuffs which were too wide. I added a pleat and buttons.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Lastly, the elastic back took out additional width.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The details above, though not a part of the original pattern, adds unusual, unexpected touches and makes the suit work for me.

The top was made last month using an OOP Sandra Betzina pattern sent to me by a dear gal who sent me a huge lot of patterns a few weeks ago: Butterick 3124.  The giraffe floral ITY fabric was acquired in September from Fabric Mart in their by one get one sale.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: