Thursday, April 9, 2009

Settling-In Photos


I had a sweet chat with a couple of women at my College for Older Adults class I attended today on Health Topics (today's topic was hypertension). They invited me to the Newcomer's Club which meets next week. I'm starting to like this area. After yesterday's class when no one spoke to me, I was relieved to find friendly folk today. This area has a plethora of unusual activities.

Speaking of area: here are a few pictures of my sewing area.






Here's a close up of the sewing corner. I found the little sewing machine table at Walmart as well as the ironing pad. Notice that I set myself up with the best view outside. Once a week, there will be cattle a mere 10 feet off the deck.




Cattle field.



Oh, wait. Can't forget the pets. Murphy the Cheweenie (mother was a tea cup chihuahua, father a miniature daschund. Latte cat.

Not too bad for a temporary home.

1 comment:

Huskerbabe said...

Lisa, looks like you're settling in nicely. Love your view...we call them pastures. :)
I just made a cute purse from the book Bend the Rules Sewing. It was really easy and my friend now wants me to make her one.
Happy Sewing,
Kris